Change history for XBlock
These are notable changes in XBlock.
1.2.1 - 2018-06-25
Suppress a spurious warning when using lazily-translated text as the default
value of a String field.
1.2.0 - Aside filtering
- Add capability for XBlockAsides to apply only to XBlocks that match certain conditions
1.0 - Python 3
- Introduce Python 3 compatibility to the xblock code base.
This does not enable Python 2 codebases (like edx-platform) to load xblocks
written in Python 3, but it lays the groundwork for future migrations.
0.5 - ???
No notes provided.
- Separate Fragment class out into new web-fragments package
- Make Scope enums (UserScope.* and BlockScope.*) into Sentinels, rather than just ints,
so that they can have more meaningful string representations.
- Rename export_xml to add_xml_to_node, to more accurately capture the semantics.
- Allowed Runtime implementations to customize loading from block_types to
0.3 - 2014-01-09
- Added services available through Runtime.service, once XBlocks have
announced their desires with @XBlock.needs and @XBlock.wants.
- The “i18n” service provides a gettext.Translations object for retrieving
- Make context an optional parameter for all views.
- Add shortcut method to make rendering an XBlock’s view with its own
- Change the user field of scopes to be three valued, rather than two. False
becomes UserScope.NONE, True becomes UserScope.ONE, and UserScope.ALL
is new, and represents data that is computed based on input from many users.
- Rename ModelData to FieldData.
- Rename ModelType to Field.
- Split xblock.core into a number of smaller modules:
- xblock.core: Defines XBlock.
- xblock.fields: Defines ModelType and subclasses, ModelData, and metaclasses
for classes with fields.
- xblock.namespaces: Code for XBlock Namespaces only.
- xblock.exceptions: exceptions used by all parts of the XBlock project.
- Changed the interface for Runtime and ModelData so that they function
as single objects that manage large numbers of XBlocks. Any method that
operates on a block now takes that block as the first argument. Blocks, in
turn, are responsible for storing the key values used by their field scopes.
- Changed the interface for model_data objects passed to XBlocks from
dict-like to the being cache-like (as was already used by KeyValueStore).
This removes the need to support methods like iteration and length, which
makes it easier to write new ModelDatas. Also added an actual ModelData
base class to serve as the expected interface.